Thursday, August 21, 2008

Summer Reading


I'd like to ask both 7th and 8th grade students how they liked their summer reading books. Seventh graders read The Revealers by Doug Wilhelm and eighth graders read The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. Please state which book you read in your comment.


I especially liked the characters in both books. Even though Richie was a bully in The Revealers, I liked reading about him and wondered why he acted the way he did. In The Outsiders, I especially liked Ponyboy and Johnny, and I have to admit to crying during the church episode. I won't write any more about that scene in case you haven't finished the book yet. And if you haven't finished, what are you waiting for? They are both great books!!


So, how did you like the book you read? Who was your favorite character and why? Remember to include the title of the book you read. Click on "comments" to respond.

6 comments:

  1. I thought this book was pretty good. It got a little boring at the end because you knew what was going to happen but it was still a good book. I enjoyed reading it and i don't feel that it was a waste of time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read the outsiders and i thought it was a realy good book the action never stoped

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Read the Outsiders by S.E. Hinton and I thought it was an overall good book. I would recommend this book to people because Its a book that will grab your attention and make you feel like your actually there.
    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. this book was good i read the outsiders




    tyler

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that the book was very good because it helps kids to feel more open and like they can express there feelings and not be afraid to stand up for them selves. The Revealers helps kids realize that they can stand up for themselves without confronting the bully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting comment, Taylor. Do you think we have a bullying problem here at Amity? And how is bullying handled? The students in The Revealers have a very creative solution to bullying - I wonder how it would really work.

    Mrs. Miller

    ReplyDelete