Monday, September 21, 2009

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

If you like Sarah Dessen's books and like to read romance novels, this book is for you.  Fifteen year-old Belly has summer vacations that most of us only fantasize about. She has spent every summer at Susannah's (her mother's best friend) beach house. Belly's only been looked at as a pesky younger "sister" by her brother and Susannah's two sons. That is, until this summer. This is the summer everything changes.

I wish I read this in the summer at the beach. But even in September, this novel transports you back to those lazy, hot days of summer.

7 comments:

  1. This book seems very interesting i think im going to check it out.



    -Marissa Malbera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone just took it out today but it is a pretty fast read so it should be returned by next week. (I hope!)

    I think you will really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marissa, The Summer I Turned Pretty just came back (Wed. morning.) So if you read this in time, come check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marissa, this book was returned today (9/23)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marissa, this book was brought back today (9/23)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm going to check it out after you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isabella, I think you will love this book! I also just posted a review on Viola in Reel Life that I think you will really like.

    Are you home sick today?

    ReplyDelete