Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin


This was one of the very best books I read this past year.

Have you ever wondered what happens when you die? This book has a very creative answer to that question.

Fifteen year-old Lizzy steps off a curb on the way to buy a prom dress and is hit by a car. It takes a while for her to realize it, but she is dead. Lizzy ends up in Elsewhere where people age backwards. She will never turn 16 and get her driver's liscense. She will never marry; instead she will turn 14 on her next birthday, then, 13, 12, ... until she is a baby and then is 1 day, then 1 minute old. What happens then?

This very interesting and unusual novel brings the reader into the world of Elsewhere. I didn't want this novel to end - I loved reading Elsewhere!

3 comments:

  1. I have also read this book and i loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just written a review on this book! I love your blog, please check out mine! I am not sure if people enjoy, so please please post your feedback of my blog!

    ReplyDelete