Friday, May 21, 2010

In A Heartbeat by Loretta Ellsworth


I haven't read a book that affected me so much in a long time. This book is written in alternating viewpoints. Sharp, sassy Eagan is a very promising figure skater with a VERY pushy mother, and Amelia, on the other hand, hasn't been able to live a normal life in a long time because of her failing heart.

Both lives collide when Eagan lands on the edge of her skate and falls and hits her head. Just days before, she got her driver's license and checked the organ donation box. I don't want to tell you more and ruin the story for you, but this is definitely a book you should read!

5 comments:

  1. I bought this book on Amazon.com. It is newly published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such an interesting book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know what you think of it after you read it, Brynn. I think it would be interesting paired with My Sister's Keeper.

    ReplyDelete