Monday, February 7, 2011

Trapped by Michael Northrop

We've had seven snowdays in three weeks here in CT so I wasn't sure if I really wanted to read this book on a cold, snowy day, but I was so glad I did!

Wow, what a great book! Scotty and six other students are trapped in their high school when their parents can't pick them up because of the sudden intense snowstorm. Their cell phones don't work and after a day and night in the school, the roof begins to make ominous creeking and groaning noises. And no one knows they are stuck in the school. Meanwhile, no one can  remember snow coming down so quickly - by the second day, the windows on the first floor are almost covered up - by the third day, snow is up to the windows on the second floor.

Trapped is told from Scotty's point of view and I think both male and female readers will be able to identify with him. This is a very quick, engrossing read that I think even the most reluctant reader will enjoy! I know I sped through this book on our most recent snow day and suddenly the 3 feet of snow outside my window didn't seem all that terrible!

Click on the link to read the first few chapters of Trapped:
http://michaelnorthrop.net/?p=4261
And Naomi Bates, librarian at Northwest High School, created  a great book trailer about Trapped.

1 comment:

  1. I desperately want to read this one, snow days or no. Even the cover looks great.

    ReplyDelete