Friday, August 5, 2011

Three Little Words by Ashley Rhodes-Courter

If you liked They Cage The Animals at Night and A Child Called It, you must read this book. This is a well-written memoir that will keep you riveted.

The author spent nine years of her life in fourteen different foster homes. This is her story as she remembers going from one foster home to the next, always hoping to be reunited with her unpredictable mother. Ashley and her brother were taken away from her mother
.

The book begins "Two days compete for the worst day in my life: The first is the day I was taken from my mother the second is the day I arrived at the Mosses' foster home four years later."

This is a gripping memoir that I read in a day and a half on vacation on Cape Cod - I just couldn't stop reading. I highly recommend this book!




No comments:

Post a Comment