Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Plunked by Michael Northrop

This book took me straight back to my son's Little League days. I would sit on the side-lines game after game barely daring to look when Scott was up at bat.

While those days are long gone for me, Jack Morgens is on the Tall Pines Braves Little League team along with his best friend Andy. He makes the first team, but little does he know this is the easy part.

When a wild pitch makes Jack lose all confidence in himself, he feels he can't tell anyone. But he also can't make himself go up to bat anymore either.

For kids who like baseball, this book will be a hit (bad pun, I know!) Plunked is a fast, enjoyable read.

1 comment:

  1. I read your blurb and thought of the book BEANBALL. http://www.amazon.com/Beanball-Gene-Fehler/dp/0618843485

    ReplyDelete