Thursday, July 12, 2012

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

Okay, Sarah Dessen fans, here's another author to add to your must-read list.

Second Chance Summer has all the romance, heart-break, and angst that you find in a good Dessen novel.

Sixteen-year-old Taylor hasn't spent the summer at their lake house since she was twelve, but this year her entire family is going back for one last time. But this time, everything will be different -

Her once best friend isn't speaking to Taylor, and it's all Taylor's fault.

Her first boyfriend is avoiding her.

There is an old smelly dog hanging around who thinks the lake house is his house, too.

And most upsetting of all, this may be Taylor's father's last visit to the lake house because he has cancer.

I liked the author's style of writing so much, I immediately ordered Matson's first book, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour.

I would recommend this to mature eighth-grade girls because of some brief (not at all graphic) sexual content.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any of Morgan's books, but I've been wanting to read this one. I'm glad that it's good!

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete