Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Every Day by David Levitham

From the cover:

Every day a different body.
Every day a different life.
Every day in love with the same girl.

Wow, wow, wow! This book has one of the most satisfying and saddest endings I've read in a long, long time.

This will be a really hard book to describe, but just know that it is a great book-one that you won't forget easily.

I want to do this book justice, so I will just use Levithan's own words from the first chapter:

I wake up.
     Immediately I have to figure out who I am. It's not just the body-opening my eyes and discovering whether the skin on my arm is light or dark, whether my hair is long or short, whether I'm fat or thin, boy or girl, scarred or smooth. The body is the easiest thing to adjust to, if you're used to waking up in a new one each morning. It's the life, the context of the body, that can be hard to grasp.
     Every day I am someone else. I am myself-I know I am myself-but I am also someone else.
     It has always been like this.

I loved this book. It was unusual, suspenseful, romantic, and thought provoking. Read this book, then come talk to me about the ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment