Monday, November 19, 2012

Lincoln's Last Days by Bill O'Reilly

Bill O'Reilly adapted his adult book Killing Lincoln to make it accessible to a younger audience. I am not a history scholar, so I cannot attest to the historical accurancy of this book, but as a reader, I was rivited by the way Lincoln's Last Days was told.

Because it is written in the present tense, and uses flashbacks most effectively, I was drawn into this story almost as if I was reading a fiction book.

This book begins 5 days before Lincoln's assassination, and continues through to the funeral and capture of the assassins. There are many photographs, maps, and pictures of artifacts throughout which add to the interest.

Students interested in history will be captivated by this book, but even students who casually pick this book up will most certainly enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment