Wednesday, May 1, 2013

This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

Graham Larkin is a seventeen-year-old heart throb; it seems as if every teenage girl knows who he is and has seen every movie he has been in. Ellie O'Neill is a seventeen-year-old girl who works in her mother's gift shop in a small town in Maine and has no real interest in dating a boy millions of girls have a crush on.

However. Ellie has a secret crush on a boy she has never met. She accidentally received an email from a stranger from California who wrote about his pet pig. Over several months of  writing back and forth, Ellie becomes more and more interested until ...

Graham shows up in her small Maine town to film a movie. I don't want to give any more away, but this is a cute romance that will keep girls reading to find out what happens next.

I almost hesistant to review and recommend this book because this is exactly what we tell children NOT to do - correspond, then meet someone they don't know. Instead of a light-hearted romance, this definitely could have had a disasterous ending!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds cute! I'll have to order for my school. My girls would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely read first. I've been having trouble finding appropriate romances for middle school.

    ReplyDelete