Wednesday, July 17, 2013

In The After by Demitria Lunetta

In The After is a post-apocalyptic novel that had me hooked from page 1:


I only go out at night.


I walk along the empty street and pause, my muscles tense and ready. The breeze rustles the overgrown grass and I tilt my head slightly. I'm listening for them.

Amy is alone when they come. Her family is away at work and no help to her now. She cannot go out in the daytime because the aliens have excellent sight; she must venture out at night to get supplies and hope they do not hear her. Amy learns to live in silence.

In The After has so many plot twists and turns, it's hard to stop reading and I definitely did NOT guess who and what the aliens are and why they are here. I will say that this book is really scary so if you are bothered by scary books and movies, you probably should skip this one. But I loved it!



No comments:

Post a Comment