Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Page by Paige by Laura Lee Gulledge

I read this 2014 Nutmeg Nominee graphic novel in just one evening. But although it's a fast read, there is much to think about in Page by Paige.

Paige Turner (yes, her parents are writers) moves to New York City from Virginia in the middle of her freshman year of high school. Paige buys a sketchbook to cope with all the changes and to try to get her feelings out. She feels utterly alone, misunderstood, and uncertain about her talent.

This is a humorous, introspective, and creative look at what every middle and high school student feels. The artwork is wonderful; I found myself going back to "really" look at it over and over again.

Highly recommended for just about everyone-especially my wonderful, creative, artistic, and sometimes misunderstood middle-schoolers!


 

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to take a look at this. So many of the graphic novels for older students include vulgarity that isn't great at the middle school level, but this looks promising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love humorous books that make you think. Sounds like a book you can get through quickly and leaves you satisfied.


    buy textbooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I have been so impressed with the graphic novels I have read recently!

    ReplyDelete