Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Rule of Three by Eric Walters


Edited to add: Finished this book and think middle school students will love it and will eagerly await book 2. As for me, I'm going to make sure I have plenty of water, batteries, and food supplies in my basement - scary book because it does seem so real!


I'm only half-way finished with this book but wanted to briefly write about it because I know many students are looking for books for summer reading. Our library received this book at the very end of the school year, and the one boy who read it said it was one of the best books he's read. If you are looking for a believable dystopian book, pick this one up!

What seems like a typical day at school changes very quickly when all the computers and cell phones shut down. At first it seems like an every day power outage, but when students are dismissed, they find the only cars that start are the very old ones that don't rely on technology.

At first I thought this book would be a typical dystopian novel, but what sets it apart from many, is how believable and real it seems.

More of a review to follow when I finish the book, but right now, I would recommend The Rule of Three to students grade 7 and up.  I think this will be a really, really popular book in our media center next year.




3 comments:

  1. Is the second half as good as the first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has a very interesting premise - did you like the second half as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOANG QUAN cung cấp dịch vụ cho thue xe 7 cho uy tín nhất Hà Nội .

    ReplyDelete