Thursday, July 3, 2014

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

Wow, I read this book a week ago, and I'm still thinking about it. It's not action-packed, but if you like a book that makes you think (and messes with your mind), you'll love this one. The ending was jaw-dropping and shocking. I was stunned!

The Sinclair family has everything. They are attractive, wealthy, and even own a private island off the coast of Martha's Vineyard. Cadence, along with her extended family, spend every summer together on the island. Cad, her cousins Johnny and Mirren, and their friend Gat are the "four liars."
The setting is idyllic, but the reader soon becomes aware that the Sinclair family is very, very dysfunctional.

I loved the writing style, but this book is not for everyone. I think some readers will be upset with the dark subject matter. I recommend this to mature readers grade 8 and up. And after you read it, please either talk to me about this book or leave a comment!



No comments:

Post a Comment